Dive computer whoos!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparkyjames

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dive computer whoos!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dive a Mares Toutur dive computer I have made over 100 dives with this computer and it has never gave me any reason for concern until now.

I have had it serviced every year and I am just now comeing do for a yearly check up on my computer and Regs.

the problem I am haveing with my dive computer is this.

Jmurphy ( my dive budy ) and I spent the weekend in the Hood Canal and did a dive at Alki Cove 2 a couple weeks back,We made Three dives one at Alki.
and two dives at Sund Rock the following day. during all three dives my dive computer seemed to run as it should I could read on the display my depth and dive time along with the water temp. it even desplayed the usal cautions I see if I asend to fast.

Sounds fine so far right? I even had taken a sec to compare my computer to Jay's dive computer there was only a one foot differance between the two as I was on the down hill side of Jay on a slightly slopeing bottom.

Apon ariveing home and cleaning the gear I hooked my Mares Toutur to the docking station I have for it to down load my dive so I could check my dive profile. When much to my suprise and worrie acording to my dive computer I had only made one dive all weekend.

This computer is suposed to hold in its dive log twenty dives as you make your dives it will simply cycle the latest dive out and replace it with your newest dive. does any one know why this would happen to my dive computer and before you ask yes I know I had a fresh battarie in it I had just bought new ones the day before we had headed to the Hood Canal.

so bad Battaries not with standing what could be the cause of this.
I do plan to send it in to be checked out as soon as I can find a shop that does it as the shop that was servicing my computer and regs went out of business about four months ago.

I am hopeing I dont have to send this thing half way around the world to get checked out.

but I am also chomping at the bit to know what the heck happend to my other two dives I know I made them I have the recept for the tank fills to prove it and had to pay for a day use fee for a dive site where I made the last two dives

this is realy driving me nuts

Sparkyjames

I dont plan to dive it but I would like to know what is going on with this damn thing thanks

i spoke to a friend that has the same computer I do Ill be diving his next time out

Sparky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom