Dive Computer Condensation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asdiveoz

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I got my battery replaced on my Mares Smart dive computer last year. I went on a dive trip and it worked perfectly.

During a subsequent dive trip, during my last two dives my dive computer fogged up from the inside when entering the water and after surfacing, but promptly cleared up after 2/3mins. The outside air temp was 38 degrees celsius and water temp 21 degrees celsius.

I have contacted 2 local dive centres. The one where I got my battery replaced has kindly offed to replaced the o-ring and battery for free while another has said they would happily take a look and potentially send it off to Mares for inspection.

What would you recommend I do? I don't want the dive computer dying on me during my next dive but also don't want to have to get it fully serviced if it isn't necessary.

Thanks!

A quick search shows that your model computer has a user replaceable battery.

If it was me, I'd open up the battery case and let it dry out for a few days and see if that resolves the problem.

Are you saying your screen fogged up? Even if water got in the battery compartment, it should not cause the screen to fog up -- battery compartment is supposed to be isolated from the rest of the computer, where a water leak would result in computer not working, but should not affect other parts of the computer. I'd be inclined to send this to Mares.

Are you saying your screen fogged up? Even if water got in the battery compartment, it should not cause the screen to fog up -- battery compartment is supposed to be isolated from the rest of the computer, where a water leak would result in computer not working, but should not affect other parts of the computer. I'd be inclined to send this to Mares.

Yes the screen fogged up, it looked exactly like a mask fogging up would look like. Thank you for your help!

Hi,

I got my battery replaced on my Mares Smart dive computer last year. I went on a dive trip and it worked perfectly.

During a subsequent dive trip, during my last two dives my dive computer fogged up from the inside when entering the water and after surfacing, but promptly cleared up after 2/3mins. The outside air temp was 38 degrees celsius and water temp 21 degrees celsius.

I have contacted 2 local dive centres. The one where I got my battery replaced has kindly offed to replaced the o-ring and battery for free while another has said they would happily take a look and potentially send it off to Mares for inspection.

What would you recommend I do? I don't want the dive computer dying on me during my next dive but also don't want to have to get it fully serviced if it isn't necessary.

most likely it took water from the last battery replacement. not much to do.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom