Dive Clubs: Why Aren't There More? Where Did They All Go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would guess that since joining my most recent dive club, approximately one third of my dives are organized through the club's Meetup site ... I'll be going on one tomorrow, in fact. Besides the fact that they provide me with a ready pool of familiar dive buddies, they often give me incentive to go visit some sites I might not have otherwise thought to go to. After the dives, we almost always hit up a pub or restaurant for post-dive libations and tall tales. It's a social thing that I wouldn't otherwise get to experience.

FWIW - although we have a nice mix of age range in our club, we do have a good representation by the geezer generation (including myself, I suppose) ... I'm continually amazed by how many folks in their '60's and '70's are still diving ... especially in conditions that typically require a drysuit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom