Dive Clubs in the Mid-Atlantic Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Southeast Virginia Scuba Divers Club is out of Hampton, so a little far from you, but we are very infromal, and do some cool dives. Going to Wilmington for Megladon teeth on the 12th of may if you are interested.
@tomfcrist
We'll be moving from Wisconsin to the Hampton area in a couple years. Around here the dive shops often organize dives to inland lakes and, of course, charters on Lake Michigan.

I was looking at the Web sites of the Hampton dive shops and they don't seem to offer anything similar. Are there a fair number of inland lakes in SE Virginia that offer decent fresh water diving?

Are there opportunities (acceptable viz, etc) for diving in the James River and York River?

Grand Adventure Virginia Beach - Great new operator and diveboat (Grand Adventure) run by Captain Matt in Virginia Beach! (Started 2018) but has been a Dive Boat Captain in areas for years! Fantastic operation and nice Boat !

Capt JT's Wreck Diving Site - Diving Hatteras NC and Virginia Beach VA Another Awesome boat run by a highly skilled (and colorful!) CaptainJT! The Under Pressure diving out of Hatteras NC offers WORLD CLASS wreck diving!

And as to you original request Lake Phoenix is a freshwater quarry and great training location. Full Service Dive Shop, Equipment Rentals and fills. Scuba Park with Camping and Paintball!

Reviving this thread, and looking for DC/MD/VA area scuba divers, activities, group meetings, LDS, yard sale or group sale events, get togethers, happy hours, and activities related to diving.

thanks for the link and information
No prob...not sure where you are located, but they meet here: Mylo's Grill - 6238 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, VA 22101

No prob...not sure where you are located, but they meet here: Mylo's Grill - 6238 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, VA 22101
I am near the Dulles airport. This was convenient when I used to travel the world before the pandemic.

Another Northern Virginia / DC / MD dive club that has been around for a while.

Shop agnostic

Another Northern Virginia / DC / MD dive club that has been around for a while.

Shop agnostic

This group has a lot of members and is pretty active with meetings, there is one trip of theirs I go on every year if I am able to.

awesome thanks, I will reach out to them and see what they have going on :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom