Dive club(s) in Broward & Miami/Dade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterbabie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been reading your threads for several weeks. My hubby and I (CIncyDiver) moved to Miami Lakes a few months ago and now that we are FINALLY getting settled, we want to do some diving. Personally, I enjoy meeting my fellow divers. Do you have a club where divers meet on a regular basis? I'd love to meet everyone and get some pointers on the local dives.

Waterbabie:
SNIP...Do you have a club where divers meet on a regular basis?
I'm not "clubbish" but if I was I'd begin with the group that meets at Lighthouse Dive Center. You can expand out from there. Lighthouse tries hard to be a good resource for local divers, and hosting the club was one of their contributions. Maybe check with some of the other suppliers around town to see if there are more.

Otherwise, we don't have a formal "club" but we do refer to ourselves as Conch Divers. We're a loose network more than anything else, and things pretty much "shut down" when ScubaBoard goes offline. We post here to get dives going - boats, beaches and even [dive] bars! If dive conditions are good, somebody is always ready willing and able to dive with you.

It's a great group, no egos, no stress, and no DUES or MEETINGS to attend. No newsletter... etc.

Mike, I could noe have put it better myself. Great job.

Joe

Sounds like you all have a good group. I am always up for diving. I'll keep an eye out for when you all are heading out.

Try looking up edivers on www.yahoogroups.com (could be under e-divers, no sure which). They are mostly in your neck of the woods and all very nice people and all very active in getting together to dive. They don't have organized meetings, just on line stuff and diving.

There is a beach dive planned for this Friday morning at Mikes place on Hibiscus st.
a few short blocks south of commercial blvd if you like to join us around 7:30am and dive around 8 for an hour....

showboat:
There is a beach dive planned for this Friday morning at Mikes place on Hibiscus st.
a few short blocks south of commercial blvd if you like to join us around 7:30am and dive around 8 for an hour....

That would be awesome if I didn't have to be at work at 8:30. Maybe when I get a little more established, I can take a couple hours off in the morning. Do you do that often?

Hi Waterbabie,

I'm also new to the area (currently living in NMB, but will probably locate to Hollywood in a few months when my wife and children join me at the end of the school year.)

I highly recommend this group and E-divers. I've met five or six members on beach dives over the past few weeks, and can only say nice things.

BTW, if you haven't tried beach diving, you and your husband need to give it a shot. I did my first beach dives two weeks ago, and I'm hooked. (Let's see - cost is the cost of a tank rental, depth is so shallow that your gas lasts forever, no boats/boat rides/seasickness to deal with, schedule is whatever you and your buddy decide to make it - hmmmm, where's the downside?)

Anyway, welcome to Miami from one newcomer to another.

-Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom