Dive centre/instructor recommendations for Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I concur with Ken, go to instructors for me are Jon Kieran and Natalie Gibb.

+1 for Cenote Xperience. Martin is awesome!

Jay

I highly recommend CenoteXperience. I have been diving with Nico and his brother Martin for over 10 years. They are great guys, excellent dive instructors and they really love what they do and it shows. They have a small family run dive shop in Playa. You can message them here on Scubaboard. CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

I can second this recommendation. in 2019 I took IANTD "Essentials" and "Cavern" from Nico. It was one of the most educational and fun weeks of diving I have ever had. They will help you find accommodations if you wish.

lots of good recommendations here.

i would ad that you may want to have a contingency plan in place if a change of instructor if needed.

i say this because i believe that intense training such as this, requires you to have a good relationship with the instructor and it seems you have no personal experience diving with any of the ones suggested.

everyone is different in how they respond to different styles of instruction. you may want a more strict, military type instructor, or you may be looking for a more easy going, relaxed style. i think anyone who has met or trained with any of the suggested instructors (and others) will agree there is a variety of teaching styles out there.

lots of good recommendations here.

i would ad that you may want to have a contingency plan in place if a change of instructor if needed.

i say this because i believe that intense training such as this, requires you to have a good relationship with the instructor and it seems you have no personal experience diving with any of the ones suggested.

everyone is different in how they respond to different styles of instruction. you may want a more strict, military type instructor, or you may be looking for a more easy going, relaxed style. i think anyone who has met or trained with any of the suggested instructors (and others) will agree there is a variety of teaching styles out there.

I agree. CenoteXperience guided my family and friends on a cavern trip the year prior. I got to know the operation a little bit, which prompted a follow-up email and discussion with Nico about what a week would entail. I emailed others, too, and bet I would have had a great experience with them, too. I went with an instructor I knew.

Another vote for cenote xperience! Wife and I got got full cave certified with Nico over a week and he was great. Helped us fine tune everything that our cavern/sidemount instructor at blue grotto couldn’t care less about helping us with.
Nico and Martin are great, patient, and most important of all, technically knowledgeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom