Dive Buddy Dubai/UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klaustrof08

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello

I am looking for dive buddy for diving in Dubai or anywhere in UAE, i have moved in 2 months ago.

I have tried only freestyle divers in Dibba Fujairah 2 times for 3 dives in total until now so i was thinking is there anyone who wants to dive more regularly, also im need for support during the dives because i want to learn more

Im AOW and Wreck certified but, i feel i need more training or activity at least, i have 50 dives with me.

@Searcaigh is in Dubai, I am in Al Ain, @Skulmoski is still in Abu Dhabi I believe, there are a few more as well. If you drop me an email at brendon(at)desertreefdive(dot)com I'll be happy to set you up with some of the Dubai dive community and help you get set up with some good proficient buddies.

@klaustrof08

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the UAE.

Contact Barracuda Dive Centre (BDC) in Fujairah, that's in Fujairah city itself (in the Marina). You may have realised by now that some of the seven Emirates are scattered haphazardly in some areas. FreeStyle is in the northern part of Fujairah Emirate separated by Sharjah Emirate from the southern part.

Fujairah City is only a 90 min drive from Dubai driving within the speed limits.

I dive with BDC on a regular basis, usually on Fridays but I'm not really the person to buddy with as I'm looking for small stuff to photograph most of the time and probably a boring buddy unless you are interested in nudis and shrimps etc.

That said, there are a few instructors with BDC if you want to advance in courses, but I'd suggest you spend your next 50 dives diving and improving your comfort underwater.

Off Fujairah the shallowest site is around 20m. Generally the first dive is at 30m (Deep Reef, Ruby Reef) then to one of the shallower sites at 20-24m. I strongly suggest using Nitrox if you want to have a decent dive as all dives are square profile, plus it helps being proficient at using a DSMB.

@klaustrof08

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the UAE.

Contact Barracuda Dive Centre (BDC) in Fujairah, that's in Fujairah city itself (in the Marina). You may have realised by now that some of the seven Emirates are scattered haphazardly in some areas. FreeStyle is in the northern part of Fujairah Emirate separated by Sharjah Emirate from the southern part.

Fujairah City is only a 90 min drive from Dubai driving within the speed limits.

I dive with BDC on a regular basis, usually on Fridays but I'm not really the person to buddy with as I'm looking for small stuff to photograph most of the time and probably a boring buddy unless you are interested in nudis and shrimps etc.

That said, there are a few instructors with BDC if you want to advance in courses, but I'd suggest you spend your next 50 dives diving and improving your comfort underwater.

Off Fujairah the shallowest site is around 20m. Generally the first dive is at 30m (Deep Reef, Ruby Reef) then to one of the shallower sites at 20-24m. I strongly suggest using Nitrox if you want to have a decent dive as all dives are square profile, plus it helps being proficient at using a DSMB.

Thank you for the advice, actually that is my plan, to dive as much as possible, but im having hard time to settle, i was not familiar that diving is rare in Dubai and i must travel, so i guess ill try with Barracuda, anyway, you cant be boring to me, so if you feel that we can to together contact me sometimes.

As for the nitrox i havent took that course yet, so i plan to look onto it.

Barracuda, anyway, you cant be boring to me, so if you feel that we can to together contact me sometimes.

No problem, do you have your own transport? Generally my car is full of dive gear as both my dive buddy and myself have all our own gear including tanks and camera gear.

Contact Ruby at Barracuda 050 326 6224 to book

s for the nitrox i havent took that course yet, so i plan to look onto it

I can put you in touch with some PADI instructors here in Dubai if you want to do the course

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom