Dive buddy dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, wife didnt like Tobago so I think we have narrowed it down to Curacao or Aruba and have made reservations for both...now to find which one is best. I think I want to do Curacao but I will let you guys decide for me.

Hi, Ken,

I understand your wife's concerns about diving in unfamiliar territy with just 2 people.

I haven't been to Curacao or Aruba; however, I've been reading tons about both and I'm definitely choosing Curacao over Aruba.

Unfortunately, we can't go till after the first week of April, but my husband and I are planning a trip to Curacao. I will not be diving this trip since I'm expecting baby #5, but it seems this island offers some great dives. (I'm sure I'll be wishing that I could be 40+ feet below the surface.)

Additionally, I've emailed a few of the dive operators, and they do offer "guided shore dives". I think you pay $35-45 US for their services (and I'm not sure if that's per person or per dive). But that might be an option that would help to ease your wife's mind.

Hope this helps! And, I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Tina

Sunset Waters at Curacao might fit the bill. I wrote a trip report with lots of pictures from our trip there in January if you're interested: Sunset Waters Curacao Trip Report. Keep in mind that Curacao is not known for the big stuff, sharks, etc. Feel free to send me a PM or email me if you have specific questions. Good luck with your trip planning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom