Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI-Guy

New
Reaction score
Hello All, new to the Victoria Area, and need to reestablish my Buddy base!! I just moved here from Halifax, where the water tends to be a little colder. I have 60+ dives, about 40hrs total bottom time. Advanced and Nitrox certified, and I don't know anything about the diving out here except that the currents tend to be strong. Drop me a line!

Yes! A new dive buddy!

There's some great people on this board that dives there regularly. I'm sure we'll hear from them soon.. I can only visit!

PADI-Guy:
Hello All, new to the Victoria Area, and need to reestablish my Buddy base!! I just moved here from Halifax, where the water tends to be a little colder. I have 60+ dives, about 40hrs total bottom time. Advanced and Nitrox certified, and I don't know anything about the diving out here except that the currents tend to be strong. Drop me a line!

You could check the military dive club at CFB Esquimalt, they have about 60 members and dive regularly. By the way the water is colder here, less wrecks and more life.

check it out
www.aquariusdiveclub.ca

Cheers

Al

Hey PADI Guy.. (aka Matt)...

I replied to your email to Victoria Scuba Club...
Welcome to our little corner of "scubaboard"...

Have no fear... not alllll the sites in the Victoria area are current/drift dives! Saanich Inlet has some great dives... with no current at all!!

Will definitely get you in the water...

NavyDoll :)

NavyDoll:
Hey PADI Guy.. (aka Matt)...

I replied to your email to Victoria Scuba Club...
Welcome to our little corner of "scubaboard"...

Have no fear... not alllll the sites in the Victoria area are current/drift dives! Saanich Inlet has some great dives... with no current at all!!

Will definitely get you in the water...

NavyDoll :)

I sent him here -- I gave him a lowdown of Victoria' scuba resources. I knew some people, like you, would pull him in the water.

On a related topic:

We should have a monthly ScubaBoard-members dive. I think it would be cool to learn from others (techniques, as well as site secrets). So, who'd be interested? (Perhaps this would've been best to go under another thread...)

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
We should have a monthly ScubaBoard-members dive. I think it would be cool to learn from others (techniques, as well as site secrets). So, who'd be interested? (Perhaps this would've been best to go under another thread...)

- ChillyWaters

Good. Let's start this Sunday. :D

I would be interested in a scubaboard community dive. I too just arrived in Victoria and don't know the sites out here or divers... I'm available this weekend, during the week not so good for me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom