dive buddies wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twoblues

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm visiting south Fla. for a week beginning 4/23/'14,and staying in Pompano on N.E. 15 th. Are there any Grumpies like me who want to buddy with an Air Force veteran of Vietnam? I'm going to refresh and do a wreck cert. and then some shore diving. Perhaps,among others,the Blue Heron Bridge dive. Mike F.

I'm an old air dog as well (pilot Vietnam). Thank you for your service. I was stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City for a while. They had a nice dive club. I not located in Florida now but wish I could join you. Enjoy your diving.

what dive shop are you doing your certs with?..gratitude to a Vietnam vet from a Vietnam era airman.

73diver: Hello! How are you? I was a "cold war warrior" in SAC for a time ,previous to that an airplane mechanic for the 4 th SOS ( Puff..Spooky)". We never lost a fire base when a "Spooky" gunship(AC-47D) was overhead! Thanks to yourself for serving in the "best" service! Look for a private message with my face book name. I was also a Harley fanatic!

---------- Post added March 28th, 2014 at 09:41 AM ----------

iamrushman: 'Doing a refresher with instructor Randy and the wreck cert. on S.Fla.dive Hdqtrs. boat! They are located at 2621 N.Riverside Drive,Pompano,almost on top of the Hillsboro inlet in Pompano. Please read my reply to 73diver and thanks for you airmanship!

You posted in another thread and I have responded...
April can be a finicky time of year for boat diving. One day it's flat calm, and then it blows for 3 weeks straight. Hope you have sunny skies and fair seas while visiting..

Scuba Jenny:Is it possible to do a wreck cert. from shore? My plan for April 25-26 could go sour- in spite of my Bonnine and Psi bands. Do you guide from Force Rivera Bea. at BHB?

Pretty tough to do a wreck cert from shore, you're gonna have to brave a boat! Do you have an instructor already?
I am an independent guide, and yes, I guide at BHB and shore dives in Broward County.

Cool Beans..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom