Dive buddies for 06/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflexsol

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for dive buddies for this weekend. Does anyne know if I would be ok with my 3 mil at this time of the year?

Your 3 mil should do fine in Cozumel, but I wont be down there this weekend.

I dove CSSP in a 4/3 for the past three out of four weeks and had no problem with the cold just watch out for the thermalcine. Belive me you will know when you hit it. I have been as deep as 40 and it gets chilly.

We had an instructor out at CSSP today and visibility was down to about 10 feet from the hard rain and water temp was 75 degrees. I can do 75 in a 3mil with beanie. I don't know about your tolerance.

I've been at CSSP the past two weekends with 3mm, beanie, and gloves. I was happiest at around 17-20', stayed warm there. You should do fine in your 3mm unless you're extremely cold natured. Give it a try, hopefully the vis will improve by this weekend, and you'll forget all about temp once you start your dive.

Foo

iflexsol:
Looking for dive buddies for this weekend. Does anyne know if I would be ok with my 3 mil at this time of the year?

Im thinking of going to Terrell this weeked to dive at Clear Springs. Either on sat or sunday.

Does that sound like a plan to you?

nitromike:
Im thinking of going to Terrell this weeked to dive at Clear Springs. Either on sat or sunday.

Does that sound like a plan to you?

Mike, I think he posted in another thread that he had to go out of town for the weekend. If you don't find a buddy this weekend, don't be discouraged. There are several of us out there most weekends, and you're always welcome to join us. It just seems that most of us are otherwise occupied this weekend. I have to work Saturday, and I have a class Sunday at Tyler, so I'm out. Several others are going to be out of town also. However, I did notice another thread where DebraW and the gang from Surface Interval Scuba in Arlington are going to be in Athens diving this weekend, and I'm sure they'd love to have you join their group.

As I said, you're always welcome to join us when we ARE out there, just keep an eye on this forum and ask if you don't see anything posted. Welcome to Scubaboard, and Welcome to The Swamp :D

p.s. You might want to introduce yourself in the intro forum, and let people know a little about you. You'll find that almost everybody on Scubaboard is very helpful and friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom