Dive Break Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I just started diving. I have noticed that about a day or two after I dive I break out all over my brow. They come out of no where. I have always been thankful I never had a lot of pimple problems before but I think it is crazy weird. I know this may not pertain to just girls but I was wondering if it is related to diving and how-if i can- prevent it????

How long have you been diving with that mask you were wearing? I assume that since you say you just started diving that it is not long. I would suspect that you are allergic to the materials in the mask or the agent you are using to clean it. I have seen people change glasses to ones with silicone nose pieces break out. I have seen some mouth pieces cause lip swelling. You might want to check this out.

The mask material, the cleaning agents, defog, your own mucus, whatever was floating around that rinse bucket you swished it in, or just the irritation of having the mask in contact with your forehead, perhaps tightly, are all possible culprits. The first thing I'd try is scrupulously cleaning and rinsing (in clean water!) that mask. Loosen it a little if it's tight--it doesn't have to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom