Dive boat almost done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickk.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Update on our dive team boat. It is almost ready to hit the water. Had to finish some wiring on the lights. Oh, I didn't say what kind of boat it is did I. It's a 24' pontoon w/ 90 HP 4 stroke (new). The boat was stripped down and totally rebuilt. It will be keep on the water ready to go if needed. Any ideas on equipment will be a big help. Still trying to figure out how to build a ladder for it. Ladder will be on the front of the boat.

Update on our dive team boat. It is almost ready to hit the water. Had to finish some wiring on the lights. Oh, I didn't say what kind of boat it is did I. It's a 24' pontoon w/ 90 HP 4 stroke (new). The boat was stripped down and totally rebuilt. It will be keep on the water ready to go if needed. Any ideas on equipment will be a big help. Still trying to figure out how to build a ladder for it. Ladder will be on the front of the boat.

A favorite dive ladder, is a central post held out from the boat at an angle, and pipes cutting through the post as steps. . . My friends have been making this for over 30 years, now there is a commercial version that looks much better and is aluminum, Boaters World has it on their website.

On my pontoon, we removed a side gate and put in a pivot at the floor, and another pivot at the railing level. Folded up it works to block the opening. Unfolded it gives a seat, about 5 inches below water level. Kick up onto the "seat", then turn and step into the boat, faster than a ladder. Some divers can sit there, and undo their gear for someone on the boat to lift aboard. About anyone who welds can build it quickly.

There is a commercial ladder for the front of the pontoon boat that slides into tracks underneath the boat, I haven't used one, I've never met anyone who used one.

Thanks,do you have any building plans for the ladder? I have seen one of the ladders that go under the front of the boat but I haven't had the chance to use one. Which would be the best?

I've ask that this be moved to a more appropriate forum for better answers.

Here's one of those ladder made out of stainless steel and you can probably pick it up cheaper than making it yourself.

366480556.jpg

Garelick Sport Ladder - 19834:01 - BoatersWorld.com

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to DIY forum

I just bought one of the garelick ladders on ebay and it works great. It was cheaper than the materials to buld my own out of aluminum.

post pictures of it. I just bought a pontoon that is going to be used for bowfishing/catfishing mainly then an occasional dive trip.

Thanks for the help. I have the materials needed to build a ladder like this. I would like to see some pics of the one that folds up.

Back
Top Bottom