Dive Blacklight (UV Light)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the new Light in Motion lights. They have a light that you can switch back and forth

Has anyone ever tried these lights in freshwater? Just curious how much would Bio-luminesce in say...a quarry?

Has anyone ever tried these lights in freshwater? Just curious how much would Bio-luminesce in say...a quarry?
I imagine that in fresh water you need to be lucky to meet one of the rare organisms that fluoresce (and you are not likely to have a big selection of organisms in a quarry anyway, I guess).
Fluorescence is not very common among fish, it's very common among corals, and there are anemones, algae and snails, etc.

In brack water I only found a moss-like algae (looks like a dark red wad of cotton wool) which glowed in orange under UV light.
In a lake I found nothing fluorescing at all.

Last edited:
Translation from Google:

Ultravijoli

After a successful UV cave photography, carried out by Matthew Simonič sifonu Kompoljske 04/17/2010 in caves, we did 27.2.2011 there are video clips of the first UV močerilov and cave shrimp.

For recording we used filters to the light, the lens filter and special glasses that let only the UV and violet component of light.

Taking the rest of the spectrum of light, are beautifully lit up močerilih spots where more concentrated pigment. In the cave shrimps are usually only kleščice shone in individual specimens as well as some internal organs.

Ultravijoli

How do marine animals are seen outside a visible light in the ultraviolet electromagnetic waves?

Some plants and animals contain proteins, symbiotic microorganisms, etc., which glow fluorescent when illuminated by UV light.

In the passage, some subjects with nocturnal UV seabed.

Last edited:
Funny translation. That ''močeril'' is Slovenian endemite species also known as ''PROTEUS but it was latley found on all balkan teritory. It is coloured human pink (also called ''human fish'' or black with red gills.

It is most famous from POSTOJNA CAVE

Matej has a very large collection of UV photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom