Dive Biz 2006 open to the public. Who's going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USIA

Contributor
Reaction score
Dive Biz 2006 has decided to open up the final day of the show to the public. I'm curious how many of you would go? We are still trying to decide if this is a worthwhile show and whether or not to attend.

Jerry,

I'm not sure how many people ever know about this show at this point! Has it been largely advertised someplace that I have missed?

We are going to go, but we will not be doing a "DEMA sized" presentation - at least not the first year.

It will be interesting to see if the market can support two major trade shows!!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Jerry,

I'm not sure how many people ever know about this show at this point! Has it been largely advertised someplace that I have missed?

We are going to go, but we will not be doing a "DEMA sized" presentation - at least not the first year.

It will be interesting to see if the market can support two major trade shows!!!

Scott
We just really wish that they had a Manufacturer show with out all of the travel symposiums. I do like that Dive Biz is being marketed as a show and not a conference with a bunch of clinics that pull people off the floor. But I'm getting a real lukewarm response from other friends in the Manufacturing industry. Also, when a Dive store like Underwater Sports in Seattle hasn't even been invited yet, that also concerns me.

USIA:
Dive Biz 2006 has decided to open up the final day of the show to the public. I'm curious how many of you would go? We are still trying to decide if this is a worthwhile show and whether or not to attend.

Never heard of it ... when and where will it be?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hmm, says Jan 26-28 at the top of the page, and Jan 25-27 further down the page.

Damselfish:
hmm, says Jan 26-28 at the top of the page, and Jan 25-27 further down the page.

Man, you are picky!!! :D

The best part is (to me) that it is in Vegas. I know that a lot of people don't care for it, and there is no diving around there, but it is one of my favorite places to atend a show!! (Honorable mention to Long Beach, which I will miss this year for the first time in 5 years :( )

Scott:

Yes Vegas is a great venue since folks can find a wide variety
of hotel rates, park their RV'S if they wish, go high end or economy.

I've been to every DEMA SHOW and the first 10-15 years it was
a true market place where dive store pros could go through the
buffet line before they spent their hard earned money.

DEMA has now become Travel, Training and Trinkets and many
stores have "booked" with their majors long before the show.

This new show could have merit. Dive Retailers are a hardy bunch
and they may wish, like most other industries, to have a real market
place where they can compare products and companies and decide
which BC, REG, etc, to stock for the coming season. Since equipment
sales account for 70-80% or more of most dive retailers annual volume
it does make sense to have a real annual market place for dive retailers.

At the same time, we support DEMA as a full dues paying member and
we thank "Big wave Dave" and others at DEMA for their efforts.

mdb:
Scott:

Yes Vegas is a great venue since folks can find a wide variety
of hotel rates, park their RV'S if they wish, go high end or economy.

I've been to every DEMA SHOW and the first 10-15 years it was
a true market place where dive store pros could go through the
buffet line before they spent their hard earned money.

DEMA has now become Travel, Training and Trinkets and many
stores have "booked" with their majors long before the show.

This new show could have merit. Dive Retailers are a hardy bunch
and they may wish, like most other industries, to have a real market
place where they can compare products and companies and decide
which BC, REG, etc, to stock for the coming season. Since equipment
sales account for 70-80% or more of most dive retailers annual volume
it does make sense to have a real annual market place for dive retailers.

At the same time, we support DEMA as a full dues paying member and
we thank "Big wave Dave" and others at DEMA for their efforts.

The problem is that this show like DEMA is shaping up to be basically a DEMA without the workshops. My other worry is that DEMA is in Vegas this year, and not to many people like going to Vegas twice in a 3 month period. Heck, I would have to go 3 times having to do the Shot Show in Vegas also. I can't wait for a Manufacturer and Publication show only.

I have been in the diving business for 27 years. I have attended all the past DEMA shows since 1986, till a family emergency prevented me from attending last years show. Scubapro won't be at DEMA this year, are they going to be at Dive BIz, Aqualung will have a "small booth' at DEMA are they going to be at Dive Biz? As somebody mentioned above, does Dive Biz have workshops? If the answer is no, to the questions above, why go? I would rather go to DEMA and have the chance to see the smaller vendors, Training agencies, business workshops, and see old friends.

Just my 2 cents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom