Dive Balicasag, Bohol in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I'm planning on going to Bohol for the first time with a couple of friends. The plan is to go there around 3rd week of February and do some diving so I'm posting my question here instead of starting a new thread. I've been looking up the suggestions on this thread, btw, and would like to first say thanks to everyone. The tips have been helpful. Hopefully, I can still find an available room for us to stay in.

So my question is, where's a good place to eat along or near Alona beach? I'm under the impression that some resorts don't package breakfast with their accommodations so I'm looking for recommendations on where to go for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We'll most likely be staying along or near Alona beach. We're not very picky with food so we'll most likely want to look for a cheap but decent place to eat, but, we'd also want to enjoy a good (taste-wise) dinner at some point but preferably at a reasonable price. Of course, if I can be pointed to a place nearby that serves great food at very low prices, I'd be very very grateful. Oh and cheap and cold San Mig Light is a plus. :D

Heya Jaybz,

Good question on the food! So please do share more on good/ nice places to eat along Alona Beach folks. =)

You should try to confirm a accomm booking fast! I've had a lot of rejections while i was searching about 2 weeks ago - though my period of travel is a week before urs actually. Most resorts and telling me that it's their peak period. I've managed to secure a triple share room at Bohol Divers' Resort at 3500P per night. Some other resorts which we were considering, who also said they had rooms: Regent's Park Resort, Alona Beach Pyramid Resort, Citadel Resort, Sierra Madre Resort, AlonaLand. And I will be diving with Seaquest. their winning point were the larger boats they have... so we need not make repeated return trips to the island to re-tank.

Just for ref. =)

Jaybz, quick reply is eat at Trudi's. It serves big and cost cheap. CHoices are on the Fil-Chinese variety and the taste and quality is good, consistent and sumptuous. I always order inihaw na liempo to go with my red horse while drinking along the seaside tables. Im coming back to bohol on the 1st-7th of Feb. I always go dive with Choy, Lester and Gie of the Sierra Madre Divers. Balicasag is absolutely fantastic.

Liempo, yum! Thanks for the tip, jpdm.

Furrykat, I actually didn't think of the boat. I'll be sure to consider that, thanks. Oh, and me and my friends are booked. :)

it's raining a lot these days in alona/balicasag/Negros/cebu. a better option might be going further north. I came to bohol to seek the sun but I'm getting a bit disappointed. jut a thought.

Man... i hope it's been getting better! Dive centre also just informed me that the water temp is about 26 to 28. Seems a little colder than what I'm used to. =)

Anyhows... anymore food recommendations other than Trudis? =)

Thanks folks!

furrykat, afaik, the weather there starts getting sunnier generally around February or March so there's a chance that the water temps would get better soon. I would recommend, however, that you prepare for the cold water just in case as the weather here can be unpredictable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom