Dive Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have any information about the dive operation at the Tamarijn & Divi Resorts?

There are none. Try JADS. Google them. They are great.

I would recommend JADS too, a great operation.

JADS is located at baby beach. They pick you up every day and take you to your dive site.

Thanks all....how far from the Tamarijn is the marina where JADS leaves from?

Best thing to do is to call JADS and ask them all the questions you want. They are very helpful.

I dove with Jads on three mornings from 11/15 thru 11/17. As I mentioned in my reply of 12/1, they picked me up each morning at 9 at Divi Aruba and we met their boat at the marina around the back side of the airport. It was about a 20 minute drive through the center of town to get there.

Two days we returned back to the same marina, but on the other day we returned to their main office at Baby Beach for some reason. It was a holiday and traffic was impossible, so it took two hours to get back to Divi Aruba, using back roads!

I am getting ready to leave Aruba, where I have been diving all week with JADS. I have been diving for 23 years & have never met a friendlier group of people. The first day I did an afternoon dive & I was the only diver. I was promptly picked up at my resort by Checha (my new sister), who drove me to the dock near the airport where JADS keeps their boat. From there I drove to their shop at Baby Beach to fill out paperwork & pick up my tank. Yes, it is far & took a good 45 min, but hey, I'm on vacation, so I was in no hurry. Jairo, my dive master, drove me to Rocky Beach for a relaxing & beautiful shore dive. After that, I left my equipment with the guys & each morning it was set up & ready to go. I never had to return to the shop, as we were dropped at the dock each day (15 min drive).

I only had traveler checks (bring cash or credit cards!) & since they charge a hefty fee to cash them, Christie told me to just bring cash later. It was 4 days later before I could cash my cc's & pay, but it was not a problem. The most divers we ever had on the boat was 4, so the service was very personal. The reefs here are beautiful & the airplane wrecks are amazing! I saw such a variety of sea life (4 different kinds of eel, a huge eagle ray, tons & tons of beautiful fish & the prettiest variety of coral I have ever seen).

Go with JADS. You will not be disappointed & you will make some great new friends! Thanks JP, Christie, Jair, Jairo & Rudolph. You made my trip to Aruba a memorable one!

Go with JADS. You will not be disappointed & you will make some great new friends! Thanks JP, Christie, Jair, Jairo & Rudolph. You made my trip to Aruba a memorable one!

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great time. Did you actually go to Baby Beach too? IMHO one of the best beaches in the world.

No, didn't get to dive Baby Beach. Probably a good thing, as the seas have been a bit rough & a guy I was diving with said he couldn't even get to the reef because of the surf. Had to abort the dive. Will come back & try again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom