Discussion - merits of qualifying on multiple rebreathers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other way around!
I had OC trimix for a decade before I bought a CCR - I couldnt do the dives I wanted to do on OC anymore so I started with a Meg, then added a Kiss

Ok. That makes sense. I read your post th other way around.

. I have never done beyond Mod1 on either and I honestly dont really plan on doing trimix on CCR. I do have OC trimix and 400+ trimix dives.

So why would you not dive CCR trimix? It was my main reason for getting into CCR.

So why would you not dive CCR trimix? It was my main reason for getting into CCR.
sorry I meant I don't plan on taking Mod2 or Mod3.

I'm sure there are some tricks that I could learn. And at least for some charters CCR specific trimix (Mod2+) is required. So far I am happy mixing my own and doing whatever dives I want with Mod1 and my OC trimix cert

sorry I meant I don't plan on taking Mod2 or Mod3.

I'm sure there are some tricks that I could learn. And at least for some charters CCR specific trimix (Mod2+) is required. So far I am happy mixing my own and doing whatever dives I want with Mod1 and my OC trimix cert
Yeah, and may the TDI gods strike me dead but at some point there isn't going to be much you can't teach yourself. I guess the training is about surviving long enough to learn those things.

Yeah, and may the TDI gods strike me dead but at some point there isn't going to be much you can't teach yourself. I guess the training is about surviving long enough to learn those things.
Thankfully there are people that have worked out the nuances and better than (and worse than) average practices. I definitely don't mind copying proven practices whether that is 2xal80s with 18/45 left and 50% right down to 200ft and ~25mins deco on a wreck. Or sidemounting and offboarding dil in lp85 bottles for trimix depth caves similar to the way the KUR guys are diving in FL.

I did a week in the Great Lakes a couple years ago with Becky, Leon and 9 other divers all more savy with more experience and hours than me. I think I had about 55hrs on my Meg at the start of that trip. I actually did a BO ascent from 200ft just to feel like I wasn't deluding myself before leaving. Two dives a day 38F water in the 165-205ft range and learned a lot by osmosis and monkey see monkey do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom