Discuss: Where did ScubaBoard Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odds are the 2GB of RAM was badly handled by the motherboard, OS version, or both.

Note that 2GB is a "tripping" point in RAM on a 32-bit machine, as its where the high-order bit flips. If internal "stuff" is not handling things properly.......

That would have been the first thing I did - back out the extra RAM - as soon as the problems surfaced.

The ram was replaced twice, at one or more points only 1024 was left in the machine but the problem persisted.

If your OS (kernel, any driver actually in use, etc) was corrupted at that point then the rest becomes irrelavent....

Thanks for the update. It's been a long down time, especially for a dry WE!

Arnaud:
Thanks for the update. It's been a long down time, especially for a dry WE!

Yeah, we were supposed to have crap weather this weekend, and yesterday ended up being nice, but nobody was able to get away on short notice, so I humored myself by taking the boat out and just running around....

Oh well....

Gen, at least you have a boat to take out. Buddy Mo2 was landlocked and a beach dive with other friends was canceled at the last minute. Next week is DIR-F and WE after next is a 2 dayer. That should make up for it...

Ah.... that'll do it.

Yeah, I have two actually. The big lady is about to go into winter layup for her annual maintenance checks (I've got a nice, long list - probably be down for a month or so) and yesterday was the "checkout" of the new, smaller boat - kind of a "shakedown" cruise if you will, to make sure that all the electronics are ok and she's ready to go.

She passed with flying colors, so now its just figuring out a name and champagne..... :D

For those of you who used the board the first few minutes it came up things may have seemed very, very slow... I updated our mysql configuration which I had forgot to do and things are back to their normal pace... whatever that may be.

I am using AOL as my browser. When attempting to access the board by typing www.scubaboard.com, I get the below message. I can only access the board by pasting a link from an email I receive from threads I am subscribed to. What am I doing wrong?

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?
This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom