Disconnect between DAN’s Mission/Vision Statements & the content of Alert Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nature abhors a vacuum, there is not much in the way of a decent general purpose US diving publication out there and they sense a profit potential in filling this void. Still a worthwhile read, even if they have drifted off course.

I think you're beating a dead horse here, Doc. I like the new mag, i actually read it, rather than throwing it in the boat magazine pile. I think it gives an alternative to to the content that Bonnier puts out, and articles supporting the mission are still contained within those pages. I believe that DAN has suffered a decline in membership over the past few years, and the quarterly rag they publish is worth the cost of membership alone, not to mention the other benefits that DAN provides.

Last edited:
So the Diver to Diver message board (owned by Bonnier) mission statement, "Divers helping divers," is fulfilled by moderators who encourage the bullying and intimidation of posters whom they personally don't like and even mention anniversaries of their absence? Just asking.

So the Diver to Diver message board (owned by Bonnier) mission statement, "Divers helping divers," is fulfilled by moderators who encourage the bullying and intimidation of posters whom they personally don't like and even mention anniversaries of their absence? Just asking.

Excellent point Ellen. Especially since the moderator has never taken to the time to personally get to know the individual or individuals they bully. :shakehead: Robyn

So the Diver to Diver message board (owned by Bonnier) mission statement, "Divers helping divers," ...
I'm confused:

I thought
Divers Helping Divers®
was DAN's motto, and didn't realize Scuba Diving Magazine had usurped it.

I think you're beating a dead horse here, Doc. I like the new mag, i actually read it, rather than throwing it in the boat magazine pile. I think it gives an alternative to to the palp that Bonnier puts out, and articles supporting the mission are still contained within those pages. I believe that DAN has suffered a decline in membership over the past few years, and the quarterly rag they publish is worth the cost of membership alone, not to mention the other benefits that DAN provides.

I concur Frank. The articles in the new and improved Alert Diver magazine are quite interesting and the graphics are utterly beautiful.
Keith Philips and his staff have done an excellent job. I consider the magazine to be a big plus to my DAN membership. Robyn

I'm confused: I thought
Divers Helping Divers® was DAN's motto, and didn't realize Scuba Diving Magazine had usurped it.

Hi knotical,

You are quite right, that statement is DAN's (by way of ®), not SD's.

But, then, Ellen never has been one to let the facts get in the way of rash assertions and emotional outbursts.

Thanks,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom