Disappointed and Horrified with the level of service provided by SunnyCove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Racerx, I should have pointed out that I was not ranting specifically at you. It's just that I hear the complaints about shops here every day by people who should know they are paying an amount that could not possibly produce quality results. I feel your pain with the sales people and if that had happened to me, I'd probably do a lot more that just boycott the shop. I likely would have told them off there and then but I'm old enough to get away with that. :p

As a clarification on the economics for others who may not live here, I would like to point out that you are right: the operators are the ones that set the price but they also choose to set it low as it seems to be the easiest way to attract customers. To make the business profitable though, they also choose a lot of options that equate to cheap or lousy service. That's why people end up with over-crowed busses and converted fishing vessels for ferries, mee goreng for breakfast and lunch and guides or sales people that really should be factory workers or street sweepers (no offense to those two professions). It would be better if every shop provided quality service and a quality product for a reasonable price (which would be quite a bit higher than it is now) but then fewer people would be able to afford to take up the sport and many dive shops would end up going out of business because of the fewer divers. Which dive shop here wants to take the risk that they are the one going out of business when they are making some money now by providing crap quality and service for a low price but for many customers?

I didn't think u were ranting at me :D just responding generally. I agree with you on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom