Disabled Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen, it was great chatting with you tonight. For you, here's some travel ideas for the best diving in 30ft or shallower. All of these are incredible dives, who cares about the depth. :D

1. Isla Lobos Island, Galapagos. Seals, seals, seals! More fun than a barrel of puppies.

2. Stingray City, Grand Cayman. Do you know how soft the underside of a stingray is?

3. Bonaire Pier, at night. Seahorses are just too cool.

4. Ice diving in Leadville, CO. A 12000ft altitude dive, with chainsaws. What more could anyone want?

5. Any dive with a good DPV. Zooooom!

6. For that matter, any dive with a good buddy. Anyplace, anytime.

glenn

There is a name for people like yourself Med. Those ordinary people who undergo extraordinary circumstances and still manage to achieve their life's ambitions...

Heroes...

Hi MedFlame03,
As you have mentioned your weakness in your post so I think more classes and refreshers both will work for you.
Besides classes and refreshers do exercise for your shoulder and hands.

Great chatting with you tonight. Sorry I can't be there for the reunion with the water, but I know you will be well taken care of!! Have some great dives and talk to you later!!!!

Well all it is finally here. I am on my way to Florida to Blue Heron Bridge to go diving. One of my biggest dream is finally coming true. Five years ago, I never thought this moment could ever happen. Even last year, I didn't think this could ever happen.
I am so much looking forward to my time in Savannah and the Diving on Sunday at blue Heron Bridge. I am finally able to dive again. :) I will keep you all up to date on how things went in Florida. I will also post pictures as I get them downloaded.
I would like to thank everyone for your confidence, faith and the encouragements you gave me to help me to keep moving forward. God Bless you.
MedFlame03
(Karen)

Karen

You are truly an inspiration. I look forward to the day that you and i can cross paths and dive together. PA may be a bit cold for me but fla could be common ground.

Keith

I know it has been a while since I went to Georgia and Florida, but I thought I posted a messages here before this. LOL. I guess I didn't.
Anyway, I had the world's best time in Georgia and Florida. I want to thank everyone for making it all possible. A very big dream come true.
Yes I got to dive, but unfortunately I had some problems with my bcd that I eventually had to call my dive. I did get to see a few things that was fantastic for me before I had to call the dive like, Sea Star, Octopus, and a few other wonderful fish and plants. :)
Now that I am back home I went to my LDS and told him what happened and that is when we figured it out what was wrong. I have been diving some more since Florida with no problems. Unfortunately the weather has not been nice for the divers up here this summer. Dang weather. LOL. But hey the pool is the next best thing. Better than nothing that is for sure. LOL.
Next year I am planning on coming back down to Florida and being able to dive without the worry that I had this year.
Thank you ALL again for the confidence, faith, and encouragement you gave me to help me keep moving forward.
I am back to diving again :)
God Bless Everyone. Please take care and Please dive safe
MedFlame03
Karen

:D:cool2::banana::cheers:

congrats on the really inspiring story about your journey back to the water med, hope everything continues to get better and you have fun out there.!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom