Dirty Desert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

draco

Registered
Reaction score
I just came back from a trip on the red sea and I felt sad to see, during a trip in the desert, to see how much garbage there's around. every single bush has its own plastig bag, adding to the beautiful landscape those strange blue-green-red colors, which are really awful in the picture....
Who do I have to blame, us tourist who don't care, or the local population who has something better to think than eviroment?
I'm not saying that we should fill the desert with trashbins, but....

Dive Safe!
Paolo

This is sad and true. There is a restaurant in Dahab at the end of the boardwalk whose owners are very enviromentally conscious etc..., and they told me that there is no recycling, and all the garbage from the town just gets transported to the mountains, and when the high winds come, the garbage just goes everywhere.
I have forgotten the name of the restaurant, but they are trying to promote recycling there, and also another concept that I really liked, they don't serve local fish out of principle, only fish from the Nile or imported fish. Therefore, whenever I'm in Dahab I try to eat there. Unfortunately I only remember that its at the ned of the boardwalk on the left, but I don't remember the name.

as for me, I don't eat fish at all, being vegetarian, but I do respect the choices of thaty restaurant. Good Job!

Dive Safe!
Paolo

Ciao Paolo,
la città di Hurghada é cresciuta molto in fretta da 4.000 abitanti (25 anni fa) a 12.000 (10 anni fa) e conta oggi ca. 40.000 abitanti. La gente che lavora per il turismo viene dal Nilo - vuol dire non é a casa, non cura l`ambiente.
Dal altra parte c`é il municipio di HRG ed il governatore della provincia che non sono capace a far fronte al problema degli rifiuti. Cosi le autorità chiudono due occhi. Solo gli alberghi s`impegnano per pulire le spiagge, ma il deserto é di nessuno.
Ciao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom