Dire need of professional assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

par

New
Reaction score
PAR is my sign in name and I'm new. I am going on a cruise leaving fron New Orleans on the 30th of October 2011 and returning on 11/6 Stopping at Costa Maya Mex., Belize City Belize, Roatan, Hon., and Cozumel. Because of my health I no longer dive but I do a fair amount of snorkling. Because I am not planning on using a boat excursion but going of the beaches can someone recommend a good water/beach shoe that I can use that I also could use walking around the Islands or am I better off buying a sand/water shoe and using regular walking shoes. It seems that I have bought cheap shoes for the beach/water because the sand is always so hot and they end up filling up with sand and I have to constant take them off and empty them. Maybe I need a shoe that ties or is tighter or maybe a ankle high sock. I will be walking along the beach and entering the water from the beach. I really don't know what I need.(frustrated) My other ? is people have told me that I need to be aware of sand fleas. I am somewhat allergic to mosquitoes in that I really swell . What can you recommend for this? DEET is good and is there a % of strength I need and how often do I need to apply? Last but not least is anyone going on this cruise as I'm going alone and where would you suggest I approach the water from when I'm at these locations especially Roatan. Thanks Everyone My e-mail is pripchik@tampabay.rr.com I live on St. Pete Beach Fl. Peter

Hi Par!

I'm new too. I used to be an avid beach diver and know that a regular pair of 1/4" or roughly 7mm dive booties with hard bottoms work great in the water as well as on the beach & around town.

As for the bugs... I just use BullFrog sunscreen spray that also has bug repellent built in, and it works VERY well for both avoiding bugs AND sun burns! Just be sure to have someone else apply to your face & cover your eyes! It burns a bit if you don't!)

I've been using Bullfrog for years & was VERY happy to find the spray & even happier to find BullFrog with bug repellent! It is some GREAT stuff and should help with the mosquitoes as well!

I'm on the Left coast, but have been in FL in the summer & wondered if I was going to survive the mosquitoes!

Have a GREAT time & bring us some pics to share! Most of all, enjoy!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom