Dir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have read the book but have a couple of questions. I dive a B/P wing where do you put a collection bag? I keep it in a pocket and just hold it after I start filling it. What is the DIR way of taking a cammera? I have a small point shoot and one aging keep it in my pocket tell I need it. What if I get a larger camera where would it go? Or dose DIR and Camera not mix. Thanks Derrick

I clip a small camera/housing to the left chest D-ring - if you have a slightly positive housing (i.e. Canon or similar), that's even better as it will "float" under your left arm when you are swimmimg and is very streamlined. A larger camera (housed SLRs/video)would have to be held in the hands or mounted on a scooter.

Vie:
A larger camera (housed SLRs/video)would have to be held in the hands or mounted on a scooter.
I've had pretty good luck clipping smaller video housings to the D-ring on either the left hip or the butt.

And as an aside, I've found the skills taught in DIR-F to be indispensable when shooting underwater video. A lot of people tell me "I am not interested in cave or tech, so I don't see any need for DIR training". Anybody who does underwater photography (still or video) will find that mastering those skills makes camera work so much easier.

I actually use 2 clips. I made a lanyard and made sure that when I clipped it off on my left shoulder D ring I could still extend the camera out the full length of my arms. I also have another clip about half way out so that when I am finished taking pictures, I can clip it close to my body.

Has worked very well and it stays out of my way when I don't need the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom