DIR Fundamentals & Tech 1 trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was yours the class where the guy toxed because he didn't analyze his back gas and was breathing 50% instead of 30/30 trimix (tanks were marked 30/30)?

I heard Andrew had to rescue him when he convulsed...

Unless there were 2 classes in Croatia at nearly the same time, that was the class.

The oxtox in question happened to the LDS owner, who also mixed (and recorded as analyzed, even though no analysis was done) gases for the trip.

He flubbed, and got the lead for an O2 tank, and topped his tank with that instead of He.

Thankfully, his was the only tank he mis-mixed, and he recovered after a trip to the local hospital.

quest is a useful mailing list :)

Jeff

Originally posted by O-ring
Was yours the class where the guy toxed because he didn't analyze his back gas and was breathing 50% instead of 30/30 trimix (tanks were marked 30/30)?

I heard Andrew had to rescue him when he convulsed...

quest is a useful mailing list

I really should get on there...been putting it off...heard this from somebody and wasn't sure it was genuine...

Yes, this was the same class. The diver was not a dive shop owner, only the organizer of the class.

No, my fault, fixed.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom