DIR friendly Cavern Guide- Riveria Maya?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doing a group trip to Cozumel and my wife and I are looking to take the ferry over to dive a cenote for a day. We've done Chac Mool in the past but our guide is no longer in business.

Can anyone recommend a guide that would potentially pick us up at the ferry for a day of diving? I'm Tech 1 certified and my wife is fundies trained. Not looking for cave dives.

Thanks
Nick

If you’re willing to travel down to Puerto Aventuras, contrary to rumors, Zero Gravity can set you up with a cavern guide if you are at least a GUE Fundies-level diver. I don’t know about transportation down there, but private vans are not unreasonably priced.

Zero gravity will be pricey. You can pretty much reach out to any of the other reputable shops for a guide too. Like Protec, or Under the Jungle.

Is your wife diving singles or doubles?

Kelvin Davidson of third dimension diving has an instructor on board (Ivo) that would probably do it. He's a good guy, and Third Dimension are awesome. Kelvin is a GUE cave instructor. Ivo is GUE fundies.

In retrospect, they may not do "cavern tours."

What do you mean by “DIR-friendly”? As rjack said, Zero Gravity will be pricey. But if you want your guide to be diving the DIR gear configuration, that will be guaranteed. No reputable guide will denigrate your configuration or procedures, but they will likely be diving sidemount.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom