DIR F-less in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbackdiver1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been interested in becoming a better diver for sometime and have decided to do the first GUE course, fundamentals. In the future possible more but unsure of the exact route I will persue.

The past few months I was working on a project in Singapore and had the good fortune to meet with Gideon to discuss the logistics of him coming to Taiwan to teach a course. So we got this all ironed out and set some dates. The dates are Jan12-Jan17 (maybe).

Now I am searching for 2 other divers that will join myself and another diver here in Taiwan. Gee you wanna talk about getting some flack of wanting to do GUE courses...my goodness it is much worse then reading this board. This is of course coming from the foreign community...not the locals. Other then what is on the GUE website is there some kind of sales pitch, powerpoint presentation, video or anything that can be used to promote the training that GUE offers to the local population that is somewhat isolated when it comes to diving?

Gideon is a good instructor. I did my Fundamental course with him last year and is shooting to do a Tech1 with him in Feb, 2008. Hope you can have the course as planned.

More importantly, hope you will enjoy it............which I believe you will.

Also, let us know how the course went. I will know who to look for in case I will dive in my next trip back to Taiwan.

I hope the course manages to materialize for you.

As far as I know GUE training is a self-selected kinda thing. They don't advertise. If you are interested you can enroll, if not well you're not.

Do you have any consistent buddies to take it with you? Those would be the best class/team mates.

As far as I'm aware, there are no marketing materials for GUE courses. Marketing is not a high priority for the organization.

One of the best ways to market this kind of diving is to get people to dive with DIR divers, which is difficult if you're just starting the DIR community where you are.

I wish you good luck in attracting two more people for your class. I wish it were easier to convince people that even recreational diving is way more fun if you're better at it . . .

Finally got this class put together and the logistics are complete. The class dates are confirmed Jan 13-16 in Kending, Taiwan.

If anybody is travelling or near the area and wants to take the class please go to the GUE website and sign up. There are 2 spots available. Added bonus you can see the the great diving that Taiwan has to offer after the training is complete...

That's great. Definitely keep us posted as the class draws near, and put up a report after!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom