DIR before DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have been reading almost all materials I can find about DIR, GUE, WKPP... etc... and I am convince of the principles and techniques. I would like to sign up for a DIR-F class soon.. in fact, as I head back to Singapore for my vacation (I am a singaporean working in New York), I would be looking up for the only DIR instructor in Singapore for the class.

However, in the meantime, I would like to configure my gear to be more DIR... I am sure to leave out some important points which I would certainly be correcting when I take the class!... Does it seem weird to reconfig my gear without taking the DIR-F class or should I wait?... thanks for feedbacks.

low-water-mark:
I have been reading almost all materials I can find about DIR, GUE, WKPP... etc... and I am convince of the principles and techniques. I would like to sign up for a DIR-F class soon.. in fact, as I head back to Singapore for my vacation (I am a singaporean working in New York), I would be looking up for the only DIR instructor in Singapore for the class.

However, in the meantime, I would like to configure my gear to be more DIR... I am sure to leave out some important points which I would certainly be correcting when I take the class!... Does it seem weird to reconfig my gear without taking the DIR-F class or should I wait?... thanks for feedbacks.

Go right ahead and configure your gear DIR. If you have any questions just find a DIR diver in your area to help you or just ask us here. You want to make sure you are doing it right (no pun intended), bad habits are sometimes hard to break, so its best to do it right from the start.

Have you read the DIRF book yet?

Wendy:
Go right ahead and configure your gear DIR. If you have any questions just find a DIR diver in your area to help you or just ask us here. You want to make sure you are doing it right (no pun intended), bad habits are sometimes hard to break, so its best to do it right from the start.

Have you read the DIRF book yet?

I ordered the book from gue.com.... on the way... can't wait to read it and learn more. I couldn't really locate any DIR diver in the NYC except for an GUE instructor in upstate NY. However, without a car, it is pretty much impossible to get to him...

low-water-mark:
I ordered the book from gue.com.... on the way... can't wait to read it and learn more. I couldn't really locate any DIR diver in the NYC except for an GUE instructor in upstate NY. However, without a car, it is pretty much impossible to get to him...

Are you talking about Bob Sherwood, he is located in NY. Nice guy I met him down here in FL last month when he was here teaching.

low-water-mark:

Email Bob Sherwood (his address is on the GUE site)- take the class with him, he's a great instructor. Even if you have a to rent/steal a truck, you should take the class with him, you won't be sorry. Good luck.

low-water-mark:
Does it seem weird to reconfig my gear without taking the DIR-F class or should I wait?... thanks for feedbacks.
I have been diving with gear that is now known as DIR for a few years now without taking any GUE courses. Most of the people I dive with use the same configuration, with about half of them card carrying GUE members. As DIR proponants will tell you, DIR is about more than gear configuration. I've liked the idea of it even when it was known as Hogarthian. You should get the gear and get comfortable with every piece of it. It will definately make things a little easier for you in the DIRF class.

low-water-mark:

Look up Gideon Liew in Singapore for the DIR-F class.

I did my Fundamentals and Tech 1 classes with him. He's an excellent instructor, patient and always willing to share.

Thank you guys for the suggestion. I am probably going to contact Bob Sherwood. I know he has a DIR-F class coming up and I would like to see if I can arrange some arrangements with him. Otherwise, I guess I would have to take the class back in Singapore Gideon Liew.

Again, thank you guys and I would come back with more questions. Would definitely update on how's my process on the search path towards DIR diving.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom