Dip Tube Compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kairoos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I ordered two Faber HP117's and they came today! Great right? Of course there always has to be an issue. One of the valves didn't have a dip tube! What does compatibility between the different company's valves look like?

Mmmmm.......never experienced different dip tubes......not saying there isn't though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The valve is a Blue Steel valve. It was in a sealed bag and in a box, so I'm guessing it must have been missing when Blue Steel packed it up. I would bother the company I purchased the tanks from, but honestly a missing $3 piece that's probably the manufacturer's fault isn't worth the hassle. I'm going to find a LDS that has the part in stock and pick it up from them. These valves should be pretty common, but I was just looking for some input on if they are a universal part or some manufacturers make unique ones.

edit: Called around to a few LDS and found one that said they have 'em on hand so I'll bring the valve and have them take care of it.

When I got my tanks the valves were in the box but the plastic "oxygen clean marked" bag was pretty well destroyed on both valves I found one dip tube loose in the box with the tank the other gone probally went through the hole in the shipping box. I ordered a new tube just to keep on hand if I ever sell or actually use the valve on a tank. it happens sometimes at least you could get one locally.

Turned out that the dip tube had actually cracked and the threaded part was still screwed in, but not very tightly so it was able to be removed just with your finger. I don't know what happened to the rest of the dip tube, it wasn't in the sealed bag, that's for sure. Threads weren't damaged, and the new dip tube is in.

Back
Top Bottom