Dinner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the shots Lisa, in the Eastern Caribbean they call those frogs 'mountain chicken' :D.

Thanks gentlemen :blinking:

crazyTomato:
Did you know that our FDA has classified leeches and maggots as "medical devices"? They're the first live animals to have earned such distinction. So, seems a lot of things are done in the name of medicine.

Wow, didn't know that....but it doesn't surprise me. I've heard and seen what they've done with leeches and maggots. Pretty interesting.

I'll have to go back and get some pictures of the stuff in the store I posted about.

As for frogs legs......well, French people love them too! And snails as well! They're considered delicacies insofar as my understanding goes.

yup...lived close to France for many years....Escargot is pretty high in demand. Found this interesting tidbit on Frog legs :wink:

Jam:
in the Eastern Caribbean they call those frogs 'mountain chicken'

and here they call chicken our "State Bird"....some people even believe it :rofl3:

Frog legs are delicious. :)

I have never heard of anyone eating toads, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I like 'em fried. Taste like chicken, only greasier.

I like it cooked in claypot with spring onions and ginger.. Singapore style. :)

booth22:
tastes like chicken... :chicken:

that chicken wouldn't be dancing like that if he was in Hong Kong... :wink: they love their chicken feet here for dim sum... :11: :rofl3:

Oh yea, Chinatown sorta traumatized my kids...you know they have a place they kill ducks? And they have these tanks filled with live fish, but they are stacked tight on their sides, sucking water through their gills and peeping through the glass. And whole dead PIGLETS!!

Frogs, definetly frogs based on the thin skin and pointy noses.

Did they think you were a reporter from PETA?

...I don't think the Chinese are too big on pets, from what I gather.
they are in to protein.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom