Dinner Sunday in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lou and his lovely wife came by Saturday night to my hotel and we had a nice chat. Great to meet such nice people. The plan was for them to come by my hotel to get me on the way into town, they were further south by a bit, at 5:30 to 6:00 but no one came by. I sat in the lobby till 6:30 and thought no none is coming because the dinner is cancelled due to bad weather -port was closed Sunday because the weather was so bad.

I saw Lou and his wife two nights later and he told me the group met for dinner but they had forgotten to come by to get me. Sorry I missed it and not getting to meet some of you guys. I also went by Christi's Dive shop twice but it was closed both days I stopped by.

Diving was good. Got to do Devil's Throat. Awesome!

pilot fish:
Lou and his lovely wife came by Saturday night to my hotel and we had a nice chat. Great to meet such nice people. The plan was for them to come by my hotel to get me on the way into town, they were further south by a bit, at 5:30 to 6:00 but no one came by. I sat in the lobby till 6:30 and thought no none is coming because the dinner is cancelled due to bad weather -port was closed Sunday because the weather was so bad.

I saw Lou and his wife two nights later and he told me the group met for dinner but they had forgotten to come by to get me. Sorry I missed it and not getting to meet some of you guys. I also went by Christi's Dive shop twice but it was closed both days I stopped by.

Diving was good. Got to do Devil's Throat. Awesome!

Hmmm...I was there everyday during my posted office hours of Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 8:00...I was actually there later on some days as well.

Christi:
Hmmm...I was there everyday during my posted office hours of Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 8:00...I was actually there later on some days as well.

You are right behind the Chaduri Super Market? Each time I went by the gates were down. I never even looked at your posted times open, thinking you would be open all day, if you were open at all. You're right next to a Dental office and an Internet cafe? I know I was in the right place, but obviously the wrong time. Lou said that you said you were gonig to be out of town for a few days too? I was looking forward to a cold one with you. Sorry it didnt work out. Pencil me in for a cold one in Sept?

I think the times I went by your shop was 12 to 2 pm both times. Sorry I missed you. At least I got to dive Devil's Throat this time

There were about 12 of us for dinner, altogether. Lots of photos so I expect someone will post soon. We went to Sonora Grill. Weather was lousy Sunday and Monday but things have picked up a lot. Beautiful and sunny here now.

Marg

MMM:
There were about 12 of us for dinner, altogether. Lots of photos so I expect someone will post soon. We went to Sonora Grill. Weather was lousy Sunday and Monday but things have picked up a lot. Beautiful and sunny here now.

Marg

groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. It's very cold here in NY now

pilot fish:
You are right behind the Chaduri Super Market? Each time I went by the gates were down. I never even looked at your posted times open, thinking you would be open all day, if you were open at all. You're right next to a Dental office and an Internet cafe? I know I was in the right place, but obviously the wrong time. Lou said that you said you were gonig to be out of town for a few days too? I was looking forward to a cold one with you. Sorry it didnt work out. Pencil me in for a cold one in Sept?

I think the times I went by your shop was 12 to 2 pm both times. Sorry I missed you. At least I got to dive Devil's Throat this time

Yes, you were in the right place. Since I work by reservation, I don't open all day...just in the afternoons/evenings for my divers (and whoever wants to of course) to stop by, etc. My mornings are spent diving, teaching or handling the million other things that go along with running a business here...since I don't have an office staff...I wear many hats :)

I was supposed to be out of town this weekend for a wedding...but I had to cancel because I needed to be here!

See you in September!

Christi:
Yes, you were in the right place. Since I work by reservation, I don't open all day...just in the afternoons/evenings for my divers (and whoever wants to of course) to stop by, etc. My mornings are spent diving, teaching or handling the million other things that go along with running a business here...since I don't have an office staff...I wear many hats :)

I was supposed to be out of town this weekend for a wedding...but I had to cancel because I needed to be here!

See you in September!

Hope Lou posts a dinner report, the one I missed :(.

I found Coz to be a lot less damaged than I thought it was going to be. Down in town, around the Plaza, I couldn't tell there was even storm damage. The taxi driver showed me where the water marks were but other than that it all looked ok. I saw a lot of sand on the coral heads on the shallower sites but that too seems to be less damaged than I thought it was going to be. Since I've only been to Coz 2 times before the storm, I'm sure I'm not the guy that is the best one to assess damage. I would not hesitate to recommend Coz now.

*STOMPING FEET* Wish I could be there, but I have this problem... it is Sunday and I am sitting in Dallas, ice on the ground... of course, I also don't have a plane ticket! Small obstacle...

pilot fish:
Hope Lou posts a dinner report, the one I missed :(.

I found Coz to be a lot less damaged than I thought it was going to be. Down in town, around the Plaza, I couldn't tell there was even storm damage. The taxi driver showed me where the water marks were but other than that it all looked ok. I saw a lot of sand on the coral heads on the shallower sites but that too seems to be less damaged than I thought it was going to be. Since I've only been to Coz 2 times before the storm, I'm sure I'm not the guy that is the best one to assess damage. I would not hesitate to recommend Coz now.

Yeh, I missed the dinner as well :( I had a VERY bad brunch that kept me from eating the rest of the day...

I'm glad to hear your assessment...even if you have only been here twice before. Glad you had a good trip and that you have positive things to say about the recovery here! Every little bithelps all of us, so thank you! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom