Dinner options near Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a little birdie told me, (Thanks Steve B. of Tres P.), that Margaritaville has moved to the International Pier shopping center ( or in that vicinity). smart move on their part, that's their target audience.

Local 707 is worth a long walk! About as good as it gets.
It's not THAT long. I walk past it (and Casa Mexicana) on my way to the downtown pier for dive pick-up. My total walk is about 10 minutes so I'm guessing about 5 minutes between Casa Mexicana and Local 707.

Great thread, especially since I'll be staying at the Bahia In a few days. I concur with everything that's been said about La Choza and Los Otates. I have been craving their posole for about a week now!

Just another plug for Las Perlitas. Not sure if they still do, but they used to have 2 for 1 lionfish on Thursdays. I agree it's a cab ride for most from the CM, but I walk it...but I'm kind of a freak :)

I wil definitely try Local 707 and the shrimp taco place this time...haven't been to those places yet.

OK, I have been there twice, and I don't get the love for La Choza. Wanted to like it, but maybe I just ordered the wrong things. Never come away feeling like I had a good meal

La Perlita to us was new this time and I think it was the best meal we had. Actually, my wife had the best meal, the coconut lionfish. I went garlic as I don't like coconut but i had a couple bites of hers, with the pineapple sauce, and MAN it was good. We decided to walk back to twon to Maple Bake house for dessert, it was a bit of a walk after a long day but not that bad. We came across a wedding that we stopped and watched for a bit (with a lot of other locals hanging out watching), so we got a little culture :)

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Del Sur is still IMO a fantastic meal. Vacio, cooked medium, a salad and a Bohemia Oscura......

Maple Bake House on calle 6 Norte was also new, Crodocilos warmed up and an iced coffee.

OK, I have been there twice, and I don't get the love for La Choza. Wanted to like it, but maybe I just ordered the wrong things. Never come away feeling like I had a good meal

La Perlita to us was new this time and I think it was the best meal we had. Actually, my wife had the best meal, the coconut lionfish. I went garlic as I don't like coconut but i had a couple bites of hers, with the pineapple sauce, and MAN it was good. . . .

The restaurant stuff is so subjective--everyone's taste is different. While my wife and I liked La Perlita in general, and while we even like coconut in general, neither of us liked La Perlita's coconut-crusted lionfish. Although we were open-minded about sampling the dish, my preference for fish preparations stands: as simple as possible, no coatings/crusts, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdb

Back
Top Bottom