DIN Valves and REGS vs Cold temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:ice: Well we just had a cold spell here in Florida (cold for here) and I came across a couple of divers who kept their equipment assembled over night in the back of their truck. As luck would have it the DIN regs were a bit difficult to remove the next morning when they were preping for a refill. Frost covered the BCD wing and the regs were frozen to the tank valves. A quick dosing of water freed them and we got them off. This incident reminded me of one of the first times I was ice diving and did a similar thing. So I just thought that as a reminder for any of you who may be comtemplating cold weather diving this year that it may be prudent to fully disassemble your equipment after diving.

Party pooper. If I do that, I can't cuss it in the morning, what fun is that? :wink:

I believe a giant wrench and lots of effort will get them free :wink: My second guess was the hot water - didnt think it got that cold this week, i know it was chilly on sunday morning when it didnt get above 40F, but i thought it was warming up through the rest of the week?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom