DIN to Yoke adaptor questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this stage getting another 1st stage is pretty much out of the question. So what are the shorter ones? Less expensive ones?
'Shorter' is usually a matter of only 1-2 mm, i.e. not much. If you are bothered by the presence of the adaptor (many are), a better option, less expensive than a new 1st stage, is to simply get a yoke bolt and A clamp for your current first stage, and convert as necessary. I dive a DIN Zeagle 50D. When I go to the Caribbean, I convert it to yoke for the trip. Takes 30-60 s.

While any DIN-to-Yoke adaptor will work. As said not all are equal. Some are cheap casts with very rough threads that will chew up the chrome plating. Not to mention easily seize up.

colliam raises a good point. I dive poseidons so yoke conversions are not really feasible, and trying to piece meal the parts for the hogs can be interesting, but depending on your first stage, the conversion kits are usually under $60 and take almost no time at all to swap out.

I apoloize if these have been answered in previous posts but the search function is less than great and I could not find them.

next time from google.com or from a Chrome browser:

site:scubaboard.com (search terms here)

I recently picked up a couple of PST HP100's to be my primary tanks. They are 3500 tanks and the valves are not convertable valves.

So I had my Legend converted to DIN. Now because of that, a recent trip to Panama City Beach had me diving the legend with a yoke to DIN adapter.

I was pleasantly surprised that I really did not notice it at all! It really does not stick out that much further and I was able to position the tank on my plate so I really had to try to touch it with my head.

So for me, it is really a non issue using the yoke to DIN adapter.

Whether the first stage will bump into diver's head also depends on the physique of the diver. But Din-to-Yoke will definitely make things worse if it is an issue.

You can always mount the tank lower, low enough to avoid head bump. But can you still touch the valve and turn it on and off at that tank position tho?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom