DIN system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conce

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi all!

I´m really new to scuba diving and I want to buy a Scuba Pro regulator (1st MK25 and 2nd S600). But I don´t know which one is best (pressure 300Bar DIN's or 200Bar DIN´s on the first stage). I appreciate some help.

Thank you

You an use a 300 bar DIN fitting on either a 200 bar or 300 bar DIN valve. It works just as well in either.

A 200 bar DIN fitting can only be used on a 200 bar DIN valve - with this you are limiting your options for no real benefit.

Here is the way it was explained to me. With the 300 bar there are 7 threads and the 200 bar has 5 threads . If you mount a 300 to 300 you use all 7 threads to get an o-ring seat. If you go 300 to 200 you will be using only 5 of the threads but still getting the o-ring seal. If you have a 200 bar regulater you can only match it to a 200 bar manifold/valve. If you try to put it on a 300 bar valve the o-ring will not seat and the regulater will not work. If you get the 300 bar regulater you can attatch it to any tank with a din valve. If you go with a 200 bar you are limiting yourself to lp only. Hope this did not confuse you too much.

I guess I´m going buy the pressure 300Bar DIN's on the first stage (Scubapro regulator 1st MK25 and 2nd S600).

Thank you for your answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom