DIN Regulator O-ring Standardization?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, next question regarding DIN regulator fittings...

I understand that the inlet o-rings on DIN regulator fittings have a tendency to fall out... obviously if they're not capped. (Yes, I know...) So I'm trying to add a supply of appropriate o-rings into my save-a-dive kit.

But I also understand that there are no standard sizes for those o-rings... that the o-ring size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Which is kind of ironic, considering the purpose of DIN standards.

Sure enough, one manufacturer lists the AS568 o-ring size for their DIN fittings as -0011. While one supplier of scuba-related o-rings lists DIN o-rings as being -0112. Seems like quite a difference in dimensions.

It would make sense that DIN o-rings would be metric... but only if they were actually standard.

So... Do they vary? Does it make much of a difference?

--Marek

I have found that they are all R(V)112 and Apeks is R(V)111. I don't know where you got R011. You must have misread.

rescuediver009:
I have found that they are all R(V)112 and Apeks is R(V)111. I don't know where you got R011. You must have misread.
Yes, you're right... I misread or mis-typed... -011 would be a standard LP port, right? It was Zeagle that I found, that at least implies (guessing from their part number) that their DIN fitting o-ring is -111.

So the vast majority use -112, with just maybe a couple of exceptions using -111?

Thanks!

--Marek

Mare
Honestly - never saw an o-ring in DIN falling out.....
:D
Mania

mania:
Mare
Honestly - never saw an o-ring in DIN falling out.....
04.gif

Mania
I wouldn't think so either, particularly if the cap is kept on securely.

If.

But other people -- besides dbulmer -- have apparently seen it too.

Maybe they were using the wrong size o-ring??

And when have you ever been less than honest with me?
03.gif

--Marek

Hi Mania, actualy this is a phenomenon of some regs.
If there is a rest pressure in the regs when disassembling the kit from the valve, it may press the O-ring out of the groove.
Eventhough I love my Mares Abyss, I have to admit that it happens from time to time, as the system sometimes keeps a minute residual pressure even when purged completely. You have to wait couple of seconds and purge again in order to vent this residual pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom