DIN First Stage Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an update, I found a way to tighten the DIN first stage on the valve a bit more (as suggested by my tech) and now it hasn't happened for 14 dives. So hooray! That was likely the solution. Maybe he was giving me that technical spiel to rest my obsessive mind.

I have this problem when I travel with tanks that have the DIN insert. Crud (verdigris) builds up in the bottom part of the thread since the plugs aren't threaded all the way down. A quick swipe with a tap clears it up. I make a point of cleaning my DIN threads on both my tanks and regs on a routine basis.

Do you just clean them with water, water-soap, or some other type of cleaning agent - and an old toothbrush? Or is anything all right to clean crud like this? Seems like I need to get this done as well.

I think he meant he was using a threading tap, as in tap and die, for cutting threads in metal. I don't think he meant water tap, but then I've been known to be wrong a time or two. Bruce

Just curious, what kind of reg is it?

Back
Top Bottom