Din conversion kit? Does it work on non-Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Zeagle,

I want to convert my 1st stage to DIN and am looking at conversion kits. I don't know much about them so I was wondering if your DIN Conversion kit works on any regulator.

Zeagle Yoke to Din Conversion

I imagine it would work but I'd like to make sure.

Specifically I have an Oceanic reg (and more specifically its the Delta IV FDX-10)

Nope, no such luck. You are going to have to buy the genuine Oceanic version.

Jim

Sell that piece of ^%$$ and buy something that uses standard, cheap and easily accessible parts.

The Oceanic conversion kit will cost you $150 (or at least that was the price when I tried to do exactly that conversion). The next thing you'll try to do is to attach a long hose and you will also find out that it uses a "special" proprietary hose so using a long hose gets interesting.

I was in the same situation as you and I decidet to use $100 to buy a brand new flathead and the other $50 to buy another toy.

D

I said this yesterday... I will say it again...

THERE IS NO DIN FDX-10 CONVERSION KIT. PERIOD!!!
OCEANIC IS IN THE PROCESS OF COMING UP WITH ONE, BUT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE YET.

I am an Oceanic Dealer, this came straight from the horses mouth at Oceanic last week for one of my customers.

I said this yesterday... I will say it again...

THERE IS NO DIN FDX-10 CONVERSION KIT. PERIOD!!!
OCEANIC IS IN THE PROCESS OF COMING UP WITH ONE, BUT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE YET.

I am an Oceanic Dealer, this came straight from the horses mouth at Oceanic last week for one of my customers.

I assume you meant to say that there is not a DVT DIN conversion kit, as there is most certainly DIN available for this reg.

Yes, thanks for the catch.
I have this regulator in DIN, but it had to be bought that way. For the 150.00, you aren't really getting a kit, but the parts that would have come on the DIN regulator from the factory.

Well I'd be happy without DVT, but it sounds like you're saying there's no way to convert a DVT Yoke to a Non-DVT DIN at a reasonable cost. Is that correct?

that's what i am saying - according to my rep at Oceanic

Looks like I'll be shopping around for a new 1st stage then. DVT be damned.

My newly certified cave buddy just ran into this. He intended to use two FDX-10's One with EOS the other with GT4 on a swivel. Oh, by the way, you can't get an 7' hose on a swivel, which blows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom