Digital Under Water Temperature Guage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thermocline in Superior is very shallow, right about 6" deep.

The temp gauge on the Uwatec digital pressure gauge that I have seems to react pretty quickly. Also, the temp reading on my Suunto Spyder reacts quickly as well.

JoelW

My Cobra is real slow to register temp. Went diving with my wife a few weeks ago, at 60 ft her us dive computer read 30 and mine was still at 72.
Mike

Joel...Would you say the Spyder has a good response time because it is out on your wrist and not "buried" (or insulated) inside of a rubber console?

Hey all,

After diving mostly in springs (72 F year round) all I can say is "What's a thermocline??? Is he related to Patsy???"

Actually, I was out at Alexander Springs as the DM for a class, and as we moved to the side away from the boil, one of the younger girls (who was QUITE cold) called out... "Ohhh, a warm spot!" The instructor quipped, "must be where someone peed!" to which all of the girls started saying "uh-uh- no way!" until I held up my hand and said "Sorry!!!" to which they all went "eeewwwweee, yuck". Some times it's the understatement that works the best!

TM,

I would pretty much guess that the Spyder being out in the water and having an all metal shell does a lot to transfer the temp change to the sensor quickly.

JoelW

NetDoc,
The first person I ever dove with told me, There are two kinds of divers, those that pee their suits and those who lie about it.
Mike

Hey all,

We always tell the Prima Donnas that it's a warmth issue... a natural heater at your disposal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom