digital smartmedia card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackjan

New
Reaction score
Will be travelling thru airport scanners on next trip,does anyone know if smartmedia card for digital cameras are effected by security scanners?

Hi jackjan,
I've been on 4 trips with my digital camera (w/smartmedia cards).
I have kept the cards in the carryon bag, and have had no problems with the scanning, etc. I have had no experience with the possible effects (on S/M cards) of the scanning of checked bags, so I can't help out there, except to suggest that you put all your photo equip in your carryon.
good luck,
Mike

The answer is yes according to the info on This Site
Since you are not an American I don't know what your rights are as respects hand inspection of camera equipment. The last time I checked there was a law on the books in the USA stating you had the right to have your camera gear inspected manually.

I found This FAA Regluation re manual inspection of camera gear etc. Not sure if its up to date due to all the new laws passed since 911.
The section that applies is 108-17, item 5, paragraph e

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom