Digital pics-view on TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackjan

New
Reaction score
I have a digital camera and a video cable to view pics on TV,how do I save the pictures on a slide show for viewing on the TV without using all the space on the media card in the camera?Also is it possible to store pics on a lap top ,then view on the tV?Thanks in advance for any info.

You have a few options, some software will let you make a slideshow CD that your DVD player can play. If your laptop has a TV out connection, you can connect directly to your TV and do a slideshow from your laptop.
However, what you see on the TV screen will not be nearly as good as your computer monitor due to resolution of the TV.

Do you know the name of the software you can use to make a CD slide-show for DVD players, I would be interested in that.

Thanks

Most photo packages enable you the option of selecting an amount of images on your pc/laptop and will then you just press slideshow, and it will flick thru them 1 by 1 every few seconds, or say when you press spacebar.

If your after making a permanent CD Slide that is a bit different and you will need a specific photo package to Make your permanent slides.

Me personally i just click on the ones i want to view on pc and then press slide show and hit spacebar eveytime i want to change to the next one in the selection i chose.

Yes you will need a video out port on your graphics card. It will be a Composite type or Svhs. either will do and then a cable for the link to your tv. you can use either a composite port or scart lead to composite from the TV. There are programs as well that allow you to view the pics on pc and tv at teh same time, as normally you would choose the display to be TV and then the laptop/pc screen goes blank. TV Tool is good for this.

Hope this helps.

Rob UK

I save all my pics on my computer. Transfer to disc via CD-RW. Bought a DVD player that plays just about every format available now......Panasonic. You have to make sure it will read WMA and JPEG files though because not all will. Ask many questions before you buy or better yet, take a disc with you to the store to make sure it works prior to purchase.......Circut City....worked for me.

Nessy once bubbled...
Do you know the name of the software you can use to make a CD slide-show for DVD players, I would be interested in that.

Thanks

Check the software that came with your CD Burner. Both Nero and Roxio have options to create "Video CD's". I have used Roxio's software several times to create slide show CD's with music.

boydski once bubbled...

Check the software that came with your CD Burner. Both Nero and Roxio have options to create "Video CD's". I have used Roxio's software several times to create slide show CD's with music.

The only problem with this is that your DVD player has to be able to play VCD's. If the player is more than a year or so old, it probably won't play it. Same problem exists though with the jpeg files but more people have cdrw capability and many don't have DVD-RW. Both work just depends on your equipment. Roxio is what I use to create all video and audio discs. Never used any other software so can't speak to their use.

Back
Top Bottom