digital or analog dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello friends!!

I'm new to the board and perhaps my question will seem to some of you elementary... :)

Well, I want to buy a dive watch and I can't understand why watches with digital display are cheeper from those with analog display.

I'm looking some Citizen watches and the models with digital display are cheeper from the models with analog display with the same features...

Can anyone explain me why?

Or in general what type of dive watch do you reccomend from a technical view? Analog or Digital?

Thanks!!!!

Analog are more complicated to make (I think).
But if you are looking for Citizen try Quantum. There is Citizen inside. I have analog Barracuda and works great.

Digital displays have no moving parts, the materials are cheap and the manufacturing process is basically all robotic, hence cheaper.
------------
Personally I prefer an analog display because that's what I was raised with in the 50's - so just a glance and I have the picture. With digital I have to actually read the numbers and then make the (albeit simple) mental calculation as to what the numbers mean. I much prefer a sweep second hand for "visualizing" rather than "calculating" things like rate of ascent.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom