digital housing or camara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boney's right about one thing....you need excellent bouyancy control in order to stay in place without tearing up the surrounding area.

If you're only talking about the camera and housing by itself, then yes...cameras are bouyant. Most cameras can be fitted with a counterweight if one didn't come with the housing.

However, all camera rigs are not bouyant. It depends on your set-up, whether you havbe a tray, arms and strobe and what kind you use.

Dee once bubbled...
If you're only talking about the camera and housing by itself, then yes...cameras are bouyant. Most cameras can be fitted with a counterweight if one didn't come with the housing.

Hi Dee,
So I am thinking about buying a C-5050 with housing and that's it for now. Would this 'counterweight' work with this camera, do you know ?!

Thanks in advance,
- Fred
:)

aquasport once bubbled...
I guess its the sea n sea mx10. About 350 is the max i'll spend. Hats off to ya for checking for me DEE i wouldnt have known how to find that out.

I may know where a good used MX-10/strobe/macro lens/closeup lens will become availible soon.. Man I wish that brown truck would get here with my 5050 :)

herman once bubbled...

Man I wish that brown truck would get here with my 5050 :)

Hey Herman .... so did you buy your 5050 online then ?! What site ?! Would mind saying how much you've paid for it ?!

Costco.com is chargin $649 for either 5050 or 5060.

Thanks,
-Fred

I just got the order in so I have not seen a tracking number or anything and I ordered if from a place I am not totally sure of....never have used them, but they look legit.

It was $538 total at 6th ave www.6ave.com

I found it acouple of other places for about the same and B&H (a place I have used for years) has it for around $560+s&h (usually around $25). I did find it a couple of other places cheaper but they were refirbs and the cost diff was not enough to get me to go that way.

So far, Newegg has the best housing price but I have not ordered it yet, want to see the camera on the way first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom