Digital all the way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamx

Reaction score
Hello all, I read al the treads, here, & that quite a bit of 411.

I need your help?

I 've seen a regular digital camera, w/ a clear plastic case, w/ a flash mounted to it, the lady said she has had it for two years now, But, I forgot who made it?

Here is why I need it to be digital, when shooting at the river, or off-roading, I hook it up to the laptop, & have a slide show, w/ popcorn, & we all see what was shot, then I burn copies for the friends.

Any input, would help.
thanks Max

There are several digital cameras and housings available. Olympus has digital cameras with housings available and the housings are very reasonably priced. A 4 mega pixel C-4000 will run you around $350 for the camera and a PT-10 housing will be another $150-$175 more. A C-5050 and housing will cost a little more but offers more flexibility for strobe mounting.

Sealife also sells their DC-200 digital underwater camera. It's under $400 but a little challenged in the mega pixel department compared to the 4 or 5 mega pixel housed cameras that are available for not much more money.

A digital camera in a clear case? There are 3 brands of housings that come immediately to mind....Olympus, Canon and Ikelite. Each has they own fans, pro and cons, and price levels.

If you've been reading as you say, then you know we need a bit more info to go on. What's your budget? Do you intend to only use the pictures on the computer or online and email? Plan to make prints?

Help us help you, man!

Why get a camera then get a case when you can have it all in one. I bought a 3.3mp Sealife digital DC310 Pro camera w/ strobe and love it. Nice armor housing thats waterproof to 200ft. If you take it out of the housing, it's a nice compact digital for land use plus you have the option of date stamping the pictures. I fossil hunt at the Peace river & take the camera along for the same reason. Take some pictures then go to the camper & download them onto my laptop for everyone to enjoy. You can find them in the $650 range with the strobe & they even come with a cable so you can watch the pictures on a standard TV. :mean:

I really think this site is super!

I pick up my mail, & bam! there were several replies,
w/ allot of great info, I wish to, thank all of you very much,
as for budget? what is that anyways? LOL.

max southern cal.
:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom