Difuser in YS 90 DX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divetoni

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, do you know if is possible to use the difuser with the fiber optic kit in the YS 90 DX?

thank you

toni

Hi divetoni,
here's a great(?) non answer:
Supposedly ( I got my YS 90 DX in 2002- newer versions may be different) the diffuser can't be used with the fiber optic cable, because the diffuser blocks the sensor (?) in the camera that the cable must be aligned to.
However, I recall, but can't remember where I saw it, a posting (Not on SB, I think. Possibly on "wetpixel" or "digital diver"?) where somebody "jury-rigged" a connection by cutting and gluing parts from the diffuser with parts from the ring that is used to connect the fiber optic cable to the strobe/sensor.
In short-and from a "physical connection only" standpoint- it can be done, but I'm not sure what the details are.
Maybe this will lead to others who can provide details.
Take care,
Mike

Laz posted this DIY fix on the YS90DX diffuser on Digital Diver. Works great! It's a .pdf file....

DIY diffuser fix

Divetoni,
That's the explanation I remember seeing.
As always, Dee, you're right on top of this stuff.
Good luck,
Mike

thank you to all
I'll try it this week-end

toni

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom