Different Lake Dives/Anyone interested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DalTexDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I may be misguided but I would like to dive some of the area lakes just to see what they are like. I have a friend who has a place at Lake Fork and would like me to try to get some fish pix around his dock, in coves, out in the lake, etc.

Got me to thinking about diving in some of lakes within driving distance of Dallas that you don't usually see posted on the boards.

I never dive alone and most of my diving friends are blue water, must be warm, "gross, it's too dirty and cold for me in a lake" type folks.

Anyone interested or am I just crazy. Thinking that Lake Fork might be first. IT would be cold but CSSP is cold too. My buddy has more than enuf room for camping on his property. Lake view, short walk to the water, nice dock, etc. Also, Fork has great bass fishing.

Any interest????

Yep, you're crazy! LOL, I drive across Lake Fork every day to work, and I always look at it and wonder about diving it. I know there's got to be TONS of fishing line, hooks, etc. laying around in there. Lots of trees, stumps, etc. But it would be awesome to see those huge bass down there. Let me know what you decide.
Foo

oops, my bad! forgot I had already clicked.

No doubt that I am crazy....that was not the point....lol

Keep on eye on the board and we will see if anyone else wants to play in the fish hooks.

Foo:
Yep, you're crazy! LOL, I drive across Lake Fork every day to work, and I always look at it and wonder about diving it. I know there's got to be TONS of fishing line, hooks, etc. laying around in there. Lots of trees, stumps, etc. But it would be awesome to see those huge bass down there. Let me know what you decide.
Foo

I do not think your crazy at all or at least we are in the same boat.
I went after my cert. just for this reason. If I see a body of water that has some clearity, then I want to go down under and see whats there. Of course there is alaways saftey first and common SCUBA sense but what the heck if it gets ugly just ascend.

I would like to hear of your adventure after the dive. I live in Austin and can not get away.

Sounds fun! Who knows what you can find down there.
I am available some weekends and would be glad to dive with you.

I would love to make the trip. I have also wanted to do Texoma from a boat.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom