Differences between Torus Double wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim_pacnwdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Tobin, could you discuss the design differences other than capacity of the Torus double wings?

I think I see 2 shapes; a rounder shape on Torus 38 & 49 and a longer shape on Torus 42 & 57.

Great job on the new website too. I'm a fan of simple quick websites like you had but adding a shopping cart was worth it to me. By the way; on Firefox the CSS posistioning overlaps sometimes making the lower left corner unreadable for me (seems fine on IE).

Tim_pacnwdiver:
Tobin, could you discuss the design differences other than capacity of the Torus double wings?

I think I see 2 shapes; a rounder shape on Torus 38 & 49 and a longer shape on Torus 42 & 57.

Great job on the new website too. I'm a fan of simple quick websites like you had but adding a shopping cart was worth it to me. By the way; on Firefox the CSS posistioning overlaps sometimes making the lower left corner unreadable for me (seems fine on IE).

Sharp eye Tim.

The Torus 38 and 49 offer more lift near the divers shoulders and less at the hips, this is useful for people whoo trim head down. Head down trim can be caused by: Short tanks, and exposure suits that offer less buoyancy on the torso. Head down is a very common complaint for new doubles divers. Adjusting to two first stages, a brass manifold, and a tank position that promotes valve access can cause head stands.

The Torus 42 and 57 are the reverse, they offer more lift at the hips. This is useful when short people use long tanks, or when a fair amount of extra ballast is required in a weight belt.

Thanks for the heads up on the page display.

Tobin

Great, I think I'm looking at getting the 49 then.

How are your cycle times doing? Specifically for an de-badged "Torus 49, Full Circle Style Doubles Wing".

Thanks!

Tim_pacnwdiver:
Great, I think I'm looking at getting the 49 then.

How are your cycle times doing? Specifically for an de-badged "Torus 49, Full Circle Style Doubles Wing".

Thanks!

Special orders are usually about 2 weeks, depends on current work load. We do have a dive show in Long Beach soon, (June 2nd) that never improves productivity.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom