Difference in Seasickness Meds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While the half-life of Meclizine is only about 6 hours the duration of activity is 8 to 24 hours. I get good results by taking a pill before going to bed the night before and by the time I am out on the water any drowsiness has worn off. This is especially great when we are diving Sunday morning and have to drive home in the afternoon.

I get seasick when the boat rolls from side to side in high seas. I just got back from a trip to The Keys where this happened every day we went out. The boat captain suggested the Triptone, but he said to take one the night before and then another one an hour before getting on the boat. It made me a bit tired, but I was definitely able to function. It definitely worked to moderate the seasick feeling. I have heard that the Meclazine will work too if you start taking it the night before. I would imagine the different meds work differently for each individual (like most other meds). The trick is to figure out what works best for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom