Difference in ScubaPro Regulator US vs International?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I think I may have found a mate to a ScubaPro Regulator. Only thing is the seller is from Europe. I know some companies make different products depending on what area they are selling in. Specifically, is there a difference in the ScubaPro MK17 or MK25 that is sold in the US vs Europe? It seems to be a great price, but I don't want to get into the issues of it being from a foreign country and we can't service it in the US.

Thoughts?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no differences. I own a few MK25/S600s and they've been bought in different continents. Only issue I faced recently was dive shops in the UK refusing to sell outside the European Union - they claimed their contract with the distributor/vendor prohibited them from shipping to the Middle East.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is...

If you're concerned about EU warranty transferring to the U.S., I would be also.

I've read that people who bought from ScubaStore in Spain at a significantly better price have found that they have to send it back to them for warranty service. They're not a ScubaPro dealer though.

This seems like a good question to ask in our SCUBAPRO forum. KATESCUBAPRO or JulesSCUBAPRO who answer there work for ScubaPro.

I've read that people who bought from ScubaStore in Spain at a significantly better price have found that they have to send it back to them for warranty service. They're not a ScubaPro dealer though.

Sounds like Scubapro is way more concerned about controlling their market than controlling their quality!

Looking at the parts diagrams I do not think there was ever a difference between US and EU first stages. I remember in the past there were differences between US and EU second stages with the G500 and I think some of the D series. Usually Scubapro wants to standardize the product across countries for simplicity.

EU rules allow internet sales and prohibit MAP pricing. However, the rule was clarified to apply to sales only within the EU. So Scubastore was pressured by the manufacturers to stop shipping goods outside the EU. Scubastore used to be a Scubapro dealer. It looks that they no longer carry the brand.

My understanding is that the Scubapro warranty only applies to the original purchaser, so any used gear purchase regardless of country purchased would NOT be covered under their warranty.

Specifically, is there a difference in the ScubaPro MK17 or MK25 that is sold in the US vs Europe? It seems to be a great price, but I don't want to get into the issues of it being from a foreign country and we can't service it in the US.

There's no difference that I know of, except there may occasionally be models sold in Europe that are not available in the U.S. or vice-versa. But a MK25 or MK17 sold on either continent should be the same. I'm sure you realize that DIN is much more popular in europe, so just make sure you're getting yoke if you want it or DIN if you want that. Don't assume it's yoke.

The service issue is something different. I'm sure there are some SP dealers that will not service your regulator because you didn't buy it from a U.S. authorized dealer. It really is their choice. It's likely that there are some that will service it without any nonsense, so you'll just have to find the right dealer.

our base shop says regs bought out in town through scubapro japan will not be covered under the US warranty service...

our base shop says regs bought out in town through scubapro japan will not be covered under the US warranty service...

If you are in Japan I would order from Dive Shops in Guam, they are covered in the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom